Welcome to the Appeal Page. Here you can appeal online or see where to send a written appeal to. Please make sure you read the whole page below to understand the whole appeal process before submitting an appeal.
You can also appeal your Parking Charge Notice in writing via the post. You must appeal within 28 days of the issue of the PCN.
Submit you appeal to:
Devere Parking Services Ltd
89 Commercial Road
When you appeal you must state your full name and address, the PCN serial number, your vehicle registration number and any evidence you wish to supply.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY APPEALS VIA EMAIL OR BY TELEPHONE
WE DO NOT DISCUSS INDIVIDUAL PCN'S ON THE TELEPHONE
Appeals can take up to 28 days from receipt to respond to.
If your appeal is rejected by us, then you have the option to appeal to the Independent Appeals Service (IAS), information on how to use this service will be provided within our appeal rejection letter.
Common reasons why appeals are unlikely to be successful:
- Your permit fell down/was blown off the dashboard/on the seat etc
- Your permit was not displayed clearly on the dashboard of your vehicle, or was tucked down into the bottom of the windscreen so not clearly visible
- You forgot to display your permit
- You only stopped for a few minutes
- Your friend said to park here as its their own bay
On the reverse of each parking ticket, Devere Parking Services Ltd outline in detail the appeals procedure which must be followed if a challenge is to be made. Every appeal is assessed on an individual basis by our dedicated Appeals Department to ensure a quick response, within 1 to 28 days. Our highly trained staff will base their decision on factual evidence, in the majority of cases this comes in the form of photographic evidence collected at the time of contravention. We will have evidence of the vehicle on site and further photographs of dashboards/windscreens.
Furthermore, if the customer is not satisfied with the response issued by us, they now have the opportunity to appeal to the Independent Appeals Service (IAS) operated by a panel of independent solicitors throughout the UK.
The Independent Adjudicator is only allowed to consider the lawfulness of the charge. They cannot cancel charges on grounds which amount purely to mitigation (Forgot to display a permit, it was in the footwell, etc) That is, something that amounts to a reason for incurring the charge, but does not remove your legal liability for it.
You may appeal on any ground which undermines the lawfulness of the charge or which otherwise affects the suggestion that you are liable for it.
If your appeal has been refused by us then you have 2 options:
- Pay the Parking Charge Notice. If we received your appeal within 14 days of the contravention you will be eligible for the discounted fee of £60.
- You can appeal to the Independent Appeal Service currently known as Independent Appeals Service (IAS). You will have 21 days from the date of your rejection letter to do this. PLEASE NOTE you should be aware that if your appeal is unsuccessful, you will lose the right to pay at the discount rate, meaning the full fee of £100 will then be payable.
Your Parking Charge Notice (PCN) will be on hold until a final decision has been made by Independent Appeals Service (IAS). If the decision to allow your appeal has been made by Independent Appeals Service (IAS) the PCN will be cancelled, however if your appeal has been refused you will have 14 days to pay the full rate of your PCN.
Failure to pay the PCN within 28 days may result in your case being passed to our debt recovery agents, TNC Group Debt Collection. Please note an additional £25 to £60 will be added to your case once it has been exported to TNC. At this point Devere Parking Services Ltd will be unable to mediate regarding your PCN. TNC Group Debt Collection can be contacted by phoning 0844 579 0241.